Hotel Français Luxembourg

Hotel history

The Café Français, which dates back to the 1920s, was converted into a hotel in 1958 by the Michaely family.

L´hôtel Français fût Café Français dans les années trente. Auteur inconnu, Copyright Photothèque de la Ville de Luxembourg.

The Simoncini family has been running the establishment since 1968.
The collections (engravings, paintings, sculptures) owned by the gallery of the same name, in operation since the 1970s, help to give the hotel a particular charm.

Hotel Français is located in the pedestrian area, on Place d’Armes, which owes its name to Louis XIV’s troops who paved it over and used it as a parade ground.

The square is lined with numerous cafés and is a popular meeting place for young people and tourists. Visitors will find restaurants with reasonable prices and terraces that are great for soaking up the atmosphere.